Welcome to Dollar Health Centre
COVID19 / Coronavirus Guidance
To help support and protect people registered at Dollar Health Centre during the COVID19 pandemic we have had to change the way that we do things. If you are experiencing any Coronavirus (Covid -19) symptoms (Cough, Fever, Change in sense of Smell or Taste) then please do not attend Dollar Health Centre. Advice on testing is available from https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19
If you are unwell and require to be seen with possible coronavirus symptoms then please call 111. Forth Valley is running specialised COVID assessment centres for people who require to be seen.
FLU VACCINE (UPDATE 27/10/20)
Like all GP surgeries in Clackmannanshire, we are unable to provide everyone with a flu jag at Dollar Health Centre this year, due to difficulties adhering to physical distancing within our small building. Instead they are being organised by Forth Valley Health Board from Alloa Town Hall.
If you are eligible for an NHS flu jab, and have not yet arranged or received an appointment, then please phone the flu hub on 01324 614692 or 01324 616050.
- Housebound patients will receive their flu vaccine at home from the community nurses as they have done in previous years.
- Further information about how Forth Valley Health Board is co-ordinating these flu immunisations is available by clicking here
- Forth Valley Health Board Flu team can be contacted on 01324 616050 or 01324 614692 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are (i) not eligible for a flu vaccination or (ii) do not wish to take up your appointment in Alloa Town Hall, then several community pharmacies are offering a private service. Lloyds pharmacy in Dollar are providing this for a charge of £12.99 per vaccine.
To check you are eligible for a flu vaccine on the NHS, or for any further information please visit the following website: www.nhsinform.scot/flu or phone 0800 22 44 88
CONSULTATIONS DURING THE PANDEMIC
Our priority is to offer patients consultations and healthcare whilst reducing the risk of infection. To enable us to do this, most initial appointments will either be by telephone or by video consultation. Many health issues can be dealt with this way. However sometimes the only way to assess people will be by a face-to-face appointment at the health centre.
To help us to do this safely, we must limit the number of people in the waiting room at any time. You may be asked to wait outside the health centre in the car park until your doctor or nurse is ready for you. You will then be phoned and invited to come inside wearing a face covering and please use the hand sanitising stations in the health centre. If possible, please avoid sitting in the waiting room or touching any surfaces within the health centre. When you leave the health centre please wash your hands as soon as possible.
Many consultations can be undertaken by video using any mobile phone, tablet or computer with a camera. Please ask about this option when booking an appointment. For those with an arranged appointment, the link to our waiting room is https://nhsattend.vc/fv-dollar
. Further information on the service is available at https://www.nearme.scot/
Local pharmacies are working hard to dispense prescriptions with limitations on the number of people who can enter their premises at once. To support them, please plan ahead and allow 3 working days for the processing of prescriptions. If you have a clinically urgent prescription then we will do our best to have these available after 3pm.
To avoid using the limited number of phone lines that we have coming into the practice, we are using mobile phones to call patients during busy periods. Therefore you may occasionally receive calls from the health centre that show up as 'unknown' or 'withheld'. Please ask the caller for details of your last consultation (or the like) to confirm who it is. We appreciate this isn't ideal but we are working in unprecedented circumstances.
- Fit note (sick lines) are not required for the first 7 days. Self-isolation lines are available from here: https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note
- We have suspended online appointment booking service. This is to ensure that people are given the most appropriate appointment.
- We are unable to issue recommendation letters for holiday cancellations. Please refer to Foreign Office advice for information about whether to travel.
- The practice will be closed every day between 1PM-2pm so all staff can attend a briefing and have protected time for lunch. Urgent phonecalls will still be answered.
- We are still accepting registrations from new patients. If you want to register with the practice, please either call into reception to pick up some registration forms or click here for more information . If you want more information about the practice first, you can download our patient information leaflet from this link too. If you choose to register with us, we look forward to welcoming you as a patient to our surgery.
Please look at out Facebook and Twitter pages for more information about the health centre.